Monday, March 30, 2009






Still working out color. Added small details and highlights. I'm considering cooling down the color at the bottom of the image some more. Maybe add a bit of fill light. I did a wash of light green over the background which seperated the warm figures a bit. This had the effect of muddying the colors though. I don't like that too much. Also added dark green and purple to the bits of plant along the edges of the image. I'm thinking I should lighten the background in a larger area from the side of the image, through the dragon's neck, and towards the fox to make the contrast a bit more intense. I'm a little concerned because this is the time when I become uncertain about what the next move should be. It's likely I will stop working on this before I ought to.

Note: For some reason the photos are coming out more saturated than the image actually is. Which is a shame, because I like the orange-r quality.

2 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Hargeezie! Thanks for sharing your wip's, are you gonna be selling this at the con?

Pointpusher said...

My lawd! This is so beautiful katy!