Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bonkers?!

Posting all those lynx/bobcat designs reminded me of a show I'd forgotten about.

Anyone else remember Bonkers? I don't remember liking it a ton as a show, but I watched it a bunch because the animation was pretty awesome sometimes and I liked the characters. Something about that set of Disney tv shows really appealed to me. I think because the animation was a little more off the wall than the movies. Finding a safe place somewhere between Disney and Looney Tunes that I like.

I wish I knew more about the people and places that put together Darkwing Duck, Shnookums and Meat/Pith Possum, Aladdin, and Goof Troop. Other shows were also really good too, like Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Tazmania, and Eek the Cat. I feel like there was about a ten year period of really neat stuff on tv, that might have been kicked off a little with Duck Tails.

So much interesting history that I just don't know how to come by. Is is too soon to feel nostalgic?

No comments: