Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ECCC Art Table Stats

When I do go forth into the world of man I like to keep track of the venture. Partly to keep my head level and partly so I can post the information here. I think information about the business end of art, even the poor record I keep, should be open for others to know about. Outside of commercial art it's kinda rough out there making a living artistically. Well, maybe I'm just bad at it. Anyway, have a peek!

Here's the business:

Inventory:
1 in buttons 2 for 1 buck
red dragon prints 15 bucks
mini octopus prints 5 bucks
sketchbooks 15 bucks
papercraft cds 10 bucks

Expenses:
Artist Alley Table 187 bucksish -40(I got a little money from a friend plus really great free prints)
Paper and Ink for prints 70 bucks
Printer 180 bucks
70 Sketchbooks 543.84
(I didn't need to pay for extra things like pens, business cards, and displays because I had them from last year.)
Total 940.84

Intake:
997 bucks
Minus Sales Tax Total 902.28

Yay I'm in the RED! Plus next year I will get hit for additional income tax as well.
It is interesting that I can take in so much and not even break even and I didn't even include food expenses. If I hadn't got the printer I would have been nice and black, so in the future at least that won't be an expense. Also I have books and prints left over that I can continue to sell in the future which will help even things out a bit. Still though, not a ton of money for the amount of work before, during, and after the convention.

Compare this year to previous years with similar wares.

Intake 2009:
322 bucks
Profit of 104 bucks

Intake 2007:

456 bucks
Profit of 334 bucks


No comments: